Forget Facebook and Twitter… For B2B, it’s all about LinkedIn
LinkedIn offers the most for business networkers
Everyone knows that networking can be the key to expanding new professional opportunities, but many people just don’t know where to start, or simply don’t have the time to properly upkeep multiple social media. While Facebook and Twitter are great tools, LinkedIn is the best tool for professionals. Steve Fretzin, avid LinkedIn user and founder and President of Sales Results, Inc., is a tekworking expert and offers his insight on the 5 reasons why LinkedIn is an essential business tool.
- It brings the separation gap from 6° to 2°. LinkedIn not only allows you to connect with people you know, but it shows you the degree of separation between you and others you are not yet connected to. This allows you to discover who your connections are connected with, and many times they’re just the people you need to know!
- It allows you to reach the white collar crowd. When you’re using social networking to build your business, LinkedIn is the best tool because it is used by so many white collar workers. This helps you not only reach a large audience, but the target audience.
- You can easily find people you know through school and work. Because the profile includes an extensive area to profile your school and work experience, it’s a great way to re-connect with people you’ve lost touch with along the way and someone you went to grade school with could now be your ideal business partner!
- You can use it to get quality introductions. LinkedIn has a very unique tool that allows you to ask people you are connected with to connect you with people they know in a professional way. A quality introduction like this is a great way to get your foot in the door and gives you more credibility than a cold call would.
- It stays professional. Because it was designed specifically for the business professional, LinkedIn users follow good business manners and unlike the other social networking sites, you won’t have to weed your way through party pictures and drunken status updates.
Steve explains, “In addition to these reasons, LinkedIn now allows you to link your Twitter update to the site, so you can seamlessly stay in contact with the people you know through multiple networking sites. LinkedIn is truly an essential business tool and when used properly can help you grow your business and career astronomically.”
Source: Sales Results, Inc.